Friday, May 22, 2015

Book Review: Lost Wishes by Kelly Gendron

Lost-wishes-cover-FINAL BN
Book Title: Lost Wishes

 ~ A Troublemaker Novel

Author: Kelly Gendron

Genre: Erotic Contemporary Romance


Goodreads Button with Shadow

  
He’s ruthless.

She’s relentless.

Together, they are boundless.

Fallon O’Conner is ruthless… 

 Each day comes and goes without meaning 

 He eats, sleeps, and waits 

 The time is nearing to confront his wife’s killer 

 And nothing will stop Fallon from getting his revenge 

 Then, Katie Rustle comes crashing into his forsaken life… 

 Katie Rustle is relentless… 

 Her boss needs something Fallon O’Conner has 

 And Katie is just the person to get it

 She’s no stranger to bad-tempered, cruel, heartless men 

 A man corrupted by the loss of a loved one raised her      

lost wishes teaser


 
Buy the Book
 

amazon usamazon UKamazon canadaB&NsmashwordskoboiBooks


My Rating:



Favorite Quotes:



“I just want him so much, really want him, about to drop to my knees and beg want him.  I’m pathetic.  God, I hope it’s not that transparent.”

“I see that he’s dead serious, and part of me should be insulted, ashamed that I’m about to give myself to a man who only wants my body for one night, but I’m not.  How I need him, it goes beyond any reasoning.”

“I’m going to strip you of your control, and you’re going to feel vulnerable.  So, I want you to have something of mine clinging to your defenseless body, making you feel protected, but still reminding you that right now you belong to me.”

“…if I wasn’t broken inside, I could give you everything you need, all that your little heart desires,”

“I like holding you like this, listening to music, feeling your body swaying with mine.  Let it be just you and me for a moment, okay?”

“He’s the kind of man that when you finally fall, you’re down for good, and there’s no getting back up.  Your heart belongs to him forever.”

My Review:

Lost Wishes is my third time reading a Kelly Gendron Troublemaker, and it was the heaviest one of the three by far.  This was a melancholy and emotionally laden story from word one, although there were also steamy sensual scenes and sweet remembrances interspersed.  I had remembered Fallon’s character from Lucky Numbers and had remained curious about his story.    Kelly Gendron’s writing is always smart, nuanced, and multi-layered, and this story was also cryptic at times.  I knew there were important and tantalizing details that were being held back and slowly exposed.  The plot was rather sweet when you remove the grief aspect, and I enjoyed the peeling of the onion layer by layer.  Ms. Gendron’s characters are always complicated, smart, and a bit rough around the edges, yet always likable and redeemable.  I sound like such a total fan-girl – maybe because I am a total Troublemaker fan-girl.  I will always ready for her next adventure and will be forever curious and eager to see who the bad boy will be.  

Empress DJ


Additional Books by the author
 
Troublemaker books ban pdf
 
amazon usamazon UKamazon canadaB&NsmashwordskoboiBooks

 
Meet the Author

Kelly Gendron[1]
Kelly is the author of the TroubleMaker series, a stand-alone contemporary romance series, and she has a few romantic suspense novels out there too.
In a quiet suburb, somewhere between Buffalo and Niagara Falls is where you'll find Kelly. When she's not writing, she's out meeting new people while representing a group of reputable nursing facilities in the WNY area. Kelly writes steamy, blush producing romance novels. Her motto: "Bad boys, give 'em a little time and experience, and they will evolve into misbehaving men!" Kelly loves to hear from her readers! Visit her at her Blog, Twitter, Pinterest, or Facebook Page.

Social Media

websitenewsletter signuptwitterFacebookpinterestGoogleGoodreadsTSU

BEPRectangle

No comments:

Post a Comment