Thursday, May 21, 2015

Book Review: The Last One by Tawdra Kandle

The Last One 

by Tawdra Kandle

(The One #1) 

Publication date: September 28th 2014

Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance

 Amazon

 B&N

 Goodreads


Synopsis:


Meghan Hawthorne is restless. The last year has been a roller coaster: her widowed mother just married a long-time family friend. Her younger brother unexpectedly became a father and a husband. Everyone’s life is changing. . .except for hers. As she begins her final summer of college, Meghan’s looking for excitement and maybe a little romance. Nothing serious; this girl just wants to have fun.

But the only man for Meghan turns out to be the last one she expects.

Sam Reynolds doesn’t need excitement, and he doesn’t want romance. Fun is out of the question. He’s been the steady, responsible one since his parents were killed, and serious is his way of life.

When Sam rescues Meghan alongside a dark Georgia backroad, she falls hard for his deep brown eyes and slow drawl. But making him see her as more than just a party girl won’t be easy. Sam’s tempted by the fiery young artist, even as he realizes that giving into his feelings will mean radical change. . .maybe more than he can handle.

Nobody ever said love was simple.



My Rating:




Favorite Quotes:


“You gonna introduce us to the lady, boy, or you gonna give your mama a bad name by not using the manners she beat into you?”

“When you touch me, it’s like you set me on fire.  And I burn for you, until I think I’ll end up cinders.”

“On the radio, a county singer was talking about checking some girl for ticks.  ‘I can’t believe you listen to this.’”

“Love doesn’t always give you more than one chance to get it right.”



My Review:

It was only supposed to be a fun summer fling, but it became more than either of them wanted to admit to themselves or to each other.  I enjoyed this sweet and sexy love story, and found it a welcome relief from the angsty romances I’ve been reading lately. The story was well-written, relatively light and easy to follow, spotted with humor, insightful, and entertaining.  Her characters were interesting, likable, and worth knowing.  The sensual scenes sizzled and snapped… and made me wonder why I never went on a night fishing adventure in my misspent college days, as apparently - I missed out.  This was my first time reading Tawdra Kandle, but it won’t be my last, I like her style. 


Empress DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment