Thursday, May 14, 2015

Book Review: London Bound (London Lovers #3) by Amy Daws



Amy Daws
London Bound (London Lovers #3)
Release Date: May 14, 2015

Blurb:

***After falling in love with "us" in the first two installments of the London Lovers Series, now...it's Leslie's turn in this spicy series stand alone.***

When Leslie Lincoln, a spunky, red-headed American, suffers an awkward moment with an arousingly-sexy British man—she thinks her life can't get any more pathetic. 

She's done with men. 
She doesn't need them. 
She especially doesn't need their muscular thighs. 
No siree, she's going to forget all about the brooding, complicated, and seductive "Theo" who captivated her on the dance floor of a London nightclub. 

Keep telling yourself that, Lez..... 

Immersing herself into a new type of romantic cleanse, Leslie thinks she'll never lay eyes on Theo again. But somehow, he's managed to bulldoze his way back in—her cheetah-print onesie pajamas be damned. 

He wants more. 
She wants to run. 
But he can’t seem to let her go.

Both of them have a past—and neither want to share. 

How can love possibly survive in darkness?



Buy Links:



Excerpt:

CHAPTER Five

“I think you need a spruce, Lez,” he states deadpan.
“A spruce? And what the hell does that entail?”
“Like a spa visit?” Angela asks excitedly.
“Not a spa exactly. More like…a cleanse.” Frank fixes a salacious grin on me as he appears excited for what he has in mind. I squirm, feeling nervous about where the hell this is going.
“I’ve done cleanses before, they are miserable,” Angela says, dramatically raising her glass and taking a drink.
“This is a different kind of cleanse. It could be miserable for Leslie, but I know many mates who would bloody love it.”
“What’s involved?” I ask warily. Why the hell would I agree to something that might make me miserable?
“It’s…what I would call…a seven-step program. You have to follow all of the steps in order to gain the maximum benefits and achieve full happiness. Do you agree to it?”
“Agree to what? To doing this crazy cleanse that I have no clue what’s even involved? Absolutely not! I can’t even drink black coffee, Frank. If this cleanse drink tastes disgusting, I can’t do it.”
“Nothing will taste disgusting on this cleanse, I assure you,” he replies cryptically.
“I don’t know.”
“You need this, Leslie. You’ve been in a funk ever since Finley got engaged to that sex monster, Brody.”
I blanch. Frank has a huge man-crush on Brody. It all started when he got a full-frontal Magic Mike image of Brody and Finley one morning at the house. Brody’s a good-looking guy, don’t get me wrong. But I see him more like a brother.
“So, this cleanse you’re suggesting will get me out of this funk?”
“Without question,” Frank says, and turns his wide brown eyes on me. He’s sincere. I can see it in his demeanor. He genuinely wants me to do this.
“I’m not interested in a boyfriend, Frank. I don’t want a relationship.”
“That’s not what this is about. I promise.”
I smirk sneakily and Frank jumps up thrusting his hands into the air in victory, knocking his chair down in the meantime. Several people gawk at his obnoxious display.
Holy balls. This is Frank. What have I gotten myself into?


My Rating:


Favorite Quotes:


“He says my name like he’s testing it out to see how it feels on his lips.  His voice is smooth but deep.  A timbre that reaches me everywhere it shouldn’t.”

“I feel like I’ve crawled out of my body and am watching it from above in perverted fascination.” 

“Two words come to mind… cat lady.  Behold, Lez… your future with cats has now been secured.”

“’Please?’  That one little word.  That one little word makes him pushing to get into my heart a request and not a demand.  That one little word is his saving grace.”

“I never stopped chasing you because you are the light to my darkness.”

“Holy tits on a bull, I just climaxed… on a stranger’s leg!”

My Review:

After 3 flawless books in less than a year – I do believe that Amy Daws should be listed as a national treasure.  She is to me at least, as I have become a total fan-girl.  She never fails to entertain and skillfully takes me through a full range of emotions while enjoying her books.  I was gritting my teeth with impatience at one character, yet within 30 seconds I was snorting and giggling at Frank’s wicked humor.  I adore her characters, they are smart, funny, flawed, and a bit broken.  And I fully appreciate reading a series that can continue the previous story lines, without those horrid cliffhangers that seem to be such a rampant plague on the genre.  Ms. Daws narrative is addictive and consuming.  Although I am not a fan of angst, for her - I will endure it without complaint - as I trust she will deftly take the story where it needs to go.  While reading Becoming Us and A Broken Us, I was totally in love with Brody.  But he has since been dethroned, as after London Bound, I am now in love/lust with Theo.  Swoon!  Hmm, I wonder who will be next?

Empress DJ








About Author

Amy Daws is a goof of epic proportions. She enjoys making dumb videos and laughing at herself...a lot. It gets awkward. She thinks she should have tried her hand at improv theater but figured she'd learn how life looks behind the lens of a camera first. 

She also thinks talking about herself in the third person isn't awkward at all. 

Amy lives in South Dakota with her husband, Kevin, and their miracle daughter, Lorelei. The long-awaited birth of Lorelei is what inspired Amy’s first book, Chasing Hope, and her passion for writing. 

Amy's contemporary romance books are a part of the The London Lovers Series and currently have two installments out with more to come. Her writing style is emotional and self-deprecating with awkward humor sprinkled in. Basically, if she makes you cry happy and sad tears...she's achieved her goal. Extra points if you have to blow your nose. 

Amy's inspiration for writing is and always will be her six precious angel babies and her daughter, Lorelei. On most nights, you can find Amy and her family dancing to Strawberry Shortcake’s theme song or stuffing themselves inside children’s-sized playhouses because there is nothing they wouldn’t do for their little miracle.






No comments:

Post a Comment