Monday, May 25, 2015

Book Review: Ledger by Kemmie Michaels

Ledger

by Kemmie Michaels


Amazon UK - http://amzn.to/1DyxzhY
Amazon USA - http://amzn.to/1y38g61

Goodreads


Ledger sees the defeat in her eyes the moment she sits at the bar, devastated and beautiful. The emptiness in her gaze he understands to his core, and he's instantly compelled to help this brown-haired beauty fight the source of her pain. Determined and intense, he needs to use his strength to help her find her own. Cam Foster, in that instant, becomes the dove he wants to free from her cage. From the first night, he needs her.


Cruelly, the past refuses to let her go. The lingering manipulation holds her in that cage as the control she lived under continues to crush the woman she wants to become. Even though Ledger offers her heated passion and a safe haven, she can't find her way out.


Desire and danger fight to pull her life in two directions…but those forces may crumble as Ledger fights harder than any barrier he and his dove face.

My Rating:


Favorite Quotes:

“Everything I’m qualified to do falls under the category of minimum wage because I have no qualifications other than being conscious.”

“I stare at him wide-eyed, feeling like that speech must have been told in my imagination.  He couldn’t have laid his heart out like that, not for me.  I swear I can’t catch my breath.  His words… his strong body… he’s stolen the air from my lungs.”

“As soon as I had you, I wanted more of you.  I want to make you mine in every way.”

“My world is never so right as when I’m with Ledger.”


My Review:

Oh swoon.  I want me a Ledger!  He is the perfect man, so of course he has to be a work of fiction, as those beings simply do not exist in real life.  He is handsome, successful, insightful, rich, funny, smart, a stalwart protector, a thoughtful and caring individual, and a well-endowed and multi-talented lover.  Sigh, I was so breathless, I actually became dizzy from just reading about his mad skills.  This is my first Kemmie Michaels read and won’t be my last, as thankfully, I have two more of her books already loaded on my kindle.  I adored her story and fully appreciated and reveled in a romance where the main characters are pulling together against an outside force, rather than fighting each other.  Her writing was creative, easy to follow, smooth, and volcanically hot.  The characters were well defined, likable, and intriguing.  I was instantly hooked from page one and wasn’t able to put my kindle down for more than a few moments all day. Now excuse me as I must go - Mason is calling...

Empress DJ





No comments:

Post a Comment