Sunday, September 15, 2013

Remembrance (Transcend Time #1) – Michelle Madow Review


Remembrance (Transcend Time, #1)

Series: Transcend Time
Book: Remembrance
Author: Michelle Madow
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Science Fiction,


Book Synopsis:
Lizzie Davenport has been reincarnated from Regency Era, England ... but she doesn't know it yet.
Then Drew Carmichael transfers into Lizzie's high school at the beginning of the year, and she feels a connection to him, almost like she knows him. She can't stop thinking about him, but whenever she tries talking with him about the mysteries behind her feelings, he makes it clear that he wants nothing to do with her. Reaching him is even more difficult because she has a boyfriend, Jeremy, who has started to become full of himself after being elected co-captain of the varsity soccer team, and her flirtatious best friend Chelsea starts dating Drew soon after his arrival. So why can't she get him out of her mind?
Even though Lizzie knows she should let go of her fascination with Drew, fighting fate isn't going to be easy


Book Review:
I myself am a large fan of the Victorian time, and I do love books where past lives are uncovered, I find that to be one of the most interesting topics to throw into a novel, and this book just happens to encompass both of these things. Madow has most definitely earned my respect as an author with this work. She has created characters who you will feel a connection with. I shared in their pain and their joy, my heart quickened as they are thrust into certain scenarios, and I found it very difficult to put the work down.
This book has several plot twists, and in all honesty, I saw none of them coming which just heightened my excitement to plow through the rest of the book. There are times where you are sure you know something before the other characters, and sometimes you do and sometimes you don’t, but the excitement of finishing this book actually took a few days to wear off of me. Madow has crafted a story of love, past loss, possible future loss, risk taking, past lives, and present pain. Just a little bit of everything that fits just so well together.


Favorite Quotes:
“It was like trying to recall a forgotten dream – each time I felt close to remembering where we’d met, the memories slipped away.”

“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.”

“Soccer had to be the most boring, slowest game ever. It would be much more interesting if every so often, the ball spontaneously exploded.”

“But it was time to realize that I wasn’t Cinderella, and no matter how hard I wished it were true, life wasn’t a fairy tale where everyone lives happily ever after.”

“Music is powerful; it transforms emotions and experiences into something tangible. Every time you hear a familiar song, the feelings from it bubble to the surface, bringing back memories you might have otherwise forgotten.”


All In All:
This book is a great first installment in what is sure to quite an amazing series. I would recommend that you grab a copy and see for yourself what I am talking about.


Contact Michelle Madow:



No comments:

Post a Comment