Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fable (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale) – Chanda Hahn Review


Series: An Unfortunate Fairy Tale
Book: Fable
Author: Chanda Hahn
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Romance,


Book Synopsis:
All that glitters is not gold.
When something precious is stolen from sixteen-year-old Mina Grime, she will do anything in her power to get it back, even if it means traveling to the dangerous Fae plane and battling one of the strongest fairy-tale villains yet.
However, nothing can prepare Mina for the dangerous obstacles she will face in the Fae world, or the choices she must make when love and life are on the line.


Book Review:
      It is in this next installment in the Unfortunate Fairy Tale series that Chanda seems to throw even more of herself into creating an amazing book. All of our favorite characters are back, and things are definitely all over the place. Mina is just as confused and stubborn as always, but that’s okay it’s what we love about her. Jared is just as Jaredy (yes that shall now be a word), as well all our other favorite characters like Nan and Brody.
As you proceed more into the plot, you will be thrown many twists and turns, but that’s what I love about these books. They always keep you on your feet with some new development, never boring. Some characters are thrown into a new light in a way I never would have expected. Every turn of the page I am holding my breath, waiting for something to happen, and I am not disappointed.


Favorite Quotes:
“She stood her ground and looked Teague right in the eye. ‘A thousand sweet words can never disguise the rattle of a viper about to strike. I will not drop my guard ever again. And I will end this curse… by doing whatever… or killing whoever… I have to.’”
“Eh, nice big house you got, Terry. What ex-husband did you get this from? Maybe you can give him my number?”

“‘If you need a quick escape, I’ll just dump my pop on myself, and we’ll have to go home early. How’s that?’
Nan’s blue eyes widened in disbelief. ‘You would do that for me?’
‘Well, it’s a fifty-fifty shot it’s going to happen anyway tonight, so yeah, I would do that for you.’”

“Because some things are best left undiscovered… like Spam. Nast stuff – that should have remained a mystery.”

“‘I was completely bored out of my mind at home this whole week. I can’t tell you all the things I concocted to keep myself busy. I had a Glee marathon, a Hello Kitty party for one, and I even attempted a Project Runway dress out of things in our kitchen.’ Nan switched to a Tim Gunn impression. ‘I looked fabulous… and believe it or not, I made it work.’”

“His piercing green eyes were filled with determination as he grasped her hand and muttered, ‘I don’t dear death – death should fear me.’”

“Jared’s gray eyes bored into her. His face filled with emotion, and his own eyes looked to be just as tear filled. ‘Do you really not know the reason why I came? I came back for you. I’ll always come back for you.’”


All In All:
I do greatly recommend you read the third installment in such a great series. Just remember to read the first two before. Hahn has outdone herself, even though I didn’t think it was possible, with this book.


Contact Chanda Hahn:

No comments:

Post a Comment