Thursday, July 17, 2014

Suppressed - Kira Saito Review


22703963

Series: Arelia LaRue series
Book: Suppressed
Author: Kira Saito


Book Synopsis:
After facing her tragic past and remembering who she really is, Arelia LaRue is back and stronger than ever. However, with great power there also comes even greater responsibility. Arelia faces new challenges as she learns that being a true Voodoo Queen is a full time job. Filled with new spirits, an epic love story that spans over a century, betrayal, heartache, revenge and delicious food, Arelia’s world will spirit you away


Book Review:
Kira has absolutely outdone herself with book 5 of the Arelia LaRue series! I waited so patiently (well I wouldn't say so patiently but as best as I could) for this books release and now that I've read it I'm not disappointed. When Arelia comes back it's like a race against the clock, the time of confrontation draws nearer, secrets are held and wolves wear sheeps' clothing. My favorite characters are back, and they're evolving and changing because it's what's needed. With several plot twists I didn't see coming, I was holding onto my kindle turning every page and holding my breath waiting for the next thing to pop up. When it did I was blown away. Kira did such an amazing job throwing you off the trail that when I got to the end I was speechless and I had to sit for a few moments and reflect on it before even trying to write this review. I remember picking up my first book in this series and then buying the next ones, then I went insane waiting for the rest. Kira's writing has the ability to alway give the reader the craving for more. I need to get my hands on book 6!


Favorite Quotes:

"Some people got ways and means while the rest of us suckers are stuck with hopes and dreams."


"It was a gasp of jealousy mixed with, that way you gasp when you hear a really touching love song or read a book that makes you want to kill the main character and steal her boyfriend."


"The weak MUST GET STRONG! You must make the WEAK strong. HELP the WEAK get STRONG! When the weak realizes their own strength, then and only then can real change and REVOLUTION begin!"


"From gold-digger to grave-digger... How far I've fallen."


"Make me proud Arelia and one day I'll make you proud. You're my hero."

1 comment:

  1. OMG ! Thank you for taking the time to review. I'm happy you enjoyed the book and that is was worth the wait :)

    ReplyDelete