Monday, July 7, 2014

Silence- Natasha Preston Review





Book: Silence
Author: Natasha Preston

Book Synopsis:
For eleven years, Oakley Farrell has been silent. At the age of five, she stopped talking, and no one seems to know why. Refusing to communicate beyond a few physical actions, Oakley remains in her own little world. 

Bullied at school, she has just one friend, Cole Benson. Cole stands by her, refusing to believe that she is not perfect the way she is. Over the years, they have developed their own version of a normal friendship. However, will it still work as they start to grow even closer? 

When Oakley is forced to face someone from her past, can she hold her secret in any longer?


Book Review:
There aren't a lot of books about people being selective mutes, I have read one or two, but like I said before there aren't many. Those stories always have my heart racing and my brain racking around trying to disorder what only the protagonist knows, and this story was no exception. I didn't know what to do or to think because every time I thought I knew I really didn't. I love our main character, her genuine personality and silent sass made her an absolutely fantastic heroine in my eyes. 

Favorite Quotes:

"Most people have heard the phrase 'Silence is Golden'; many would agree with it; people with screaming children running wild around the house or working in a noisy office. For me, however, it meant something entirely different. Silence consumed my whole life; it suppressed things I could never express. My silence was responsible for my family's happiness. Silence was my prison."

"Why were men so much more immune to the cold? Or did they feel it the same but were too worried about not seeming macho to complain?"

"Hey, I have insecurities the same as everyone else. I may be so close to perfect it's scary but "

"Watching him chat up women was like watching a car crash."

No comments:

Post a Comment