Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Hunted One - Meg Collett Review




18652128

Series: End of Days
Book: the Hunted One
Author: Meg Collett
Genre: Fantasy


Book Synopsis:
The fallen have trespassed into Heaven for the first time in eternity. Prepared for battle, Michaela and her Archangels open Heaven’s gates to confront the fallen. Only, Michaela’s Archangels—her brothers and sisters in Heaven—betray her. And when the fallen attack the sanctuary in the skies through the gates Michaela inadvertently left open, the holy angels accuse Michaela of planning the invasion.

One simple mistake with a thousand consequences.

Dragged to Earth by an Archangel turned fallen, Michaela will do anything to return to Heaven and save it. In her fervor, she kills the Archangel—something no angel has ever done before. Wingless, without any hope, Michaela welcomes death when an unlikely human ally, Clark, finds her. With the help of Clark and Gabriel, an innocent Archangel whose friendship deepens into something far more torrid and unexpected on Earth, Michaela must prove the holy angels have their own plan for Heaven, and it is one that may prove to be the End of the Days.

It may be too late to save herself, but Michaela is the only one who knows the truth about the holy angels. If she fails, she may never be able to return to Heaven. But even that may be a hopeless dream


Book Review:
Holy cow.
This definitely puts a new view in perspective on how to view angels. Even they aren't so pure. 
First off, one of the things I truly adored about this book was how fresh the plot and ideas in this book were. I have never read anything that came close to this before, and I love to read books that are against the norm plot. I also loved our main characters, even if they aren't human they have traits about them that helped me connect with them as a reader. Michaela was definitely stubborn and thick headed at times, but you had to love her. Clark was just too funny and a real loyal friend, which I definitely like since most everyone in this book would had, and did, turned on her in a second. Throw in some romance, a great sense of humor from our pink haired protagonist, crazy angels, the devil himself and just about any other holy (and unholy) creatures you can think of and you've got this magnificent book right here. With just the right amount of great plot twists (because let's be honest if there are too many I will get very lost) every now and then that kept me on my toes, I was in reader heaven (I feel silly for even using that phrase now). 


Favorite Quotes:

"Heaven was a grave, and Michaela knew it was meant for her."

"'Maybe they will be so distracted killing you that I will have enough time to explain what really happened,' she muttered. 
Clark drew up beside her, a fresh spring to his step and laughed. 'I'm too handsome to die.'"

"Heaven is not about power. It is about servitude and honor."

"For once, Clark couldn't find an appropriate curse word."

"But just because it was a mistake doesn't mean it wasn't my fault."

"I've talked to her, poured water in her mouth, striped down naked and did a rain dance."

"'What will happen if I go back,' Michaela asked. She stare at Clark with wide, unsure eyes. She was worried about who else would get hurt.
'What will happen if you don't?'"

"'I haven't needed you once,' she lied. He had saved her in many ways. 'You've been more of a pain than help.'
'Clearly lying is the one sin you can't commit. That should make you feel better.'"

"'They said I wanted to start a war. Well, you know what?' Her glare leveled on Gabriel. In that moment she hated him. She hated everyone. They had made her this way, and then they had to nerve to judge her for what she had become. It was time for a change. 'I do.'"

All in all:
Meg has definitely crafted a book that has ended up in my list of favorites right from the beginning, with great characters and an amazing plot... Well, I can't wait for book 2!! And I might go crazy if I don't get my hands on it soon. 

Meet Meg: 
Meg Collett lives deep in the hills of Tennessee where there the cell phone service is a blessing and internet is a myth of epic proportions. She is the mother of one giant horse named Elle and one giant dog named Wylla. Her husband is a saint for putting up with her ragtag life. End of Days is her first series, and trust her when she tells you that she hopes you enjoy it, because it has been a big pain in her #%&. Just kidding. Sort of.

Connect with Meg on:

No comments:

Post a Comment