Saturday, November 16, 2013

Forever Changed - Belinda Boring Review


Series: The Mystic Wolves
Book: Forever Changed
Author: Belinda Boring
Genre: Fantasy, YA, Romance


Book Synopsis:
Waking up after an amazing night with her new husband and mate, nothing could've prepared Darcy for the epic bombshell Devlin dropped—explaining her heritage and revealing truths that completely blow her mind. When all she wants is to settle into marital bliss and Pack life, Darcy's world is once again thrown into turmoil, forced to face a challenge that may very well break her and Mason.

Not one to sit back and watch the one he loves more than life itself in danger, Mason immediately formulates a plan of action—taking a small group of trusted friends across the United States in the hot pursuit of answers. Time is running out, though. With each attempt to control Darcy's wild magic thwarted, and the dark presence of evil dogging their every move, they will be left with no other choice but to make a stand—fight or risk losing everything they cherish most.

Decisions will be made. Love will be pushed to the breaking point. Mason and Darcy face their greatest challenge to date, one that will leave them ... FOREVER CHANGED?

Book Review: 
Belinda I hope you're happy. This book destroyed me. Completely. I just finished reading and I'm literally crying as I read this. If I didn't love you I'd hate you right now. 
Lord, where do I begin this review? I guess I'll start here. This is yet another great installment in a fantastic series. All our favorite characters are back, just as amazing as ever. Darcy as kind, Mason as sexy (don't deny it), Devlin as Devliny (this is now a word), Daniel ever as much the charmer, I can go on and on but I won't. 
The stakes are higher than ever before (I know I didn't think it was possible either but Belinda doesn't disappoint, well... I'm not gonna go there right now >.>) and it seems like everything is on the line. Every moment I was on my toes, waiting for things to come and being completely blown away when they did, no matter how much I tried prepare myself. If there is one thing I love about books, but there isn't just one thing I have a list, it's their ability to keep me up on my toes. Excitement helps make em sell, let's be honest. 
Belinda has delivered more to the table than I could have ever dreaded and hoped for in Forever Changed. No matter what, our characters hold true to what they believe in and see as right, making them all the more endearing in their steadfast ways when the going gets rough. No matter how much it pained me, I don't think id change how it all went down. Unless of course he next book destroys everything, then I am hunting Belinda down, with the help if an angry mob of readers who are also upset, and taking away our characters from her until she learns to play nice. 


Favorite Quotes:

"Personally, that meant more than anything. It meant that I could always rely on him to be there-to be my rock when I wasn't certain myself"

"Make no mistake, a knife carefully maintained and honed over they years doesn't diminish the weapon, it simply makes the blade all the more lethal."

"'Why can't I help?' 
'Because.' They both responded at the same time.
'Caveman, much?'"

"Isn't courage the definition of bring scared of something, but doing it anyway?"

"Rule number two: focus only on what you're able to control. There's no need beating yourself up over something that hasn't even happened. You'll just drive you awl crazy."

" 'To me you've always been brave but now?'
'Im totally badass.' I chuckled and reached up to kiss his lips. 'Its okay to say it out loud. I know you think it.'"

" 'Keep this up and your future lucky someone will be in for a rude awakening. I have no problem highlighting all your delightful flaws and weaknesses.'
'Pfft, she'll be too infatuated with my captivating charm and rugged good looks.' Daniel beamed, puffing out his chest in mock pride. 
'So she'll be blind, huh? Good to know.'"

" 'Never!' With. Roguish flourish, Daniel bowed before me, every bit the charmer. 'I don't have a gift, per se, but what I can offer is just as priceless. For one week, I will be at your beck and call.'
'Aren't you already?' Mason chimed in.
'Shush, don't interrupt me. What was I saying? Oh yeah. For one week, I'll be your slave. Your wish is my command, milady.'
I couldn't keep from giggling. 'Anything?'
'Anything within reason.'
Mason barked out a snort. 'And there's the loophole.'
Daniel rolled his eyes, ignoring him as he focused solely on me. 'And any mocking of your idiotic husband is a freebie. Because that's how much I love you.'"

"'If you keep this up we may have to start calling you Sleeping Beauty.'
His compliment made me smile. 'Beauty and the Beast, huh?'
'I think you have your Disney movies mixed up Darcy.' Devlin jokes moving away from the curtains so he could see me better. 'Although your husband did resemble one for a while out there.'
'I heard he wasn't the only one. Do I need to kick both your butts? Don't ever neglect yourselves!' I pointed my finger at him and then Mason for good measure.
'Well, if she's already bossing us around, I'd say that's a good sign she's feeling better.'"

"Pain didn't always break a person; sometimes it helped them keep the control they needed."


All in all: 
This is another great book in one of my favorite series and I don't regret reading it what so ever. No matter how much I get upset, there is no denying how much I loved both this book and series. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a great werewolf read. You won't be disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment