Sunday, August 19, 2018

Book Review: Why Her? (Mistaken Identities #2) by Rie Warren




Why Her? 

(Mistaken Identities #2)

by Rie Warren 


If you believe in second chances . . .

All I did was dance with her at a bar. Just once.
Then this undeniably gorgeous party girl, Stevie, turns up at my house, the contractor in charge of my remodel.
Ha!
How am I supposed to take her seriously?
The problem is she’s excellent at her job, which aggravates me even more.
She’s changing my house, changing my life, and my animal urge to protect and possess her feels like a betrayal to my deceased wife.

She’s absolutely unsuitable.
He’s uptight, f*** hot, and there’s no way she can compete with the ghost of his wife.

A book full of filthy sex and beautiful tortured romance. Why Her? is a standalone novel with a tear-worthy HEA, no cheating, no cliffhangers, just all yes. Keep the fan handy, you’ll need it.





My Rating:




Favorite Quote:


“I ordered pizza.” “I thought you said you were making dinner.” … “I am. I’m making it come to the door.”


My Review:


This atomically hot and lusty couple had amazing sexual endurance and supernatural stamina, I feel so clumsy and inadequate by comparison.  For a middle-aged widower with a relatively sedate first marriage, Kane seemed to be making up for lost time as once he finally caved for his attraction to the feisty Stevie, they want at it like savages.  They scorched the sheets with rapturous abandon every-single-time with their wild and passionate interplays that occasionally had me flinching.  Rie Warren seems to have a proclivity for filthy pillow talk and copious amounts of body fluids since this lewd lipped pair habitually went off like geysers.  In addition to their creatively lascivious exploits, there were clever naughty bits of humor, family drama, and a heart-enlarging and transformative romance.  And as an added bonus, a new euphemism for spanking the monkey was gleaned when Stevie confessed to unwittingly witnessing Kane “shuck his corn.”  ~ Smirk, I doubt I could ever have too many alternative expressions in my pockets for that… 


Empress DJ






Home of Alpha Male Romance and the Original Bad Boys


the Bad Boys of X-Ops and the Don’t Tell series.


All of Rie Warren's self-published series are available to read on Kindle Unlimited, including the instant hit Bad Boys of Retribution MC, Carolina Bad Boys, Bad Boy Ballers, and many more!

Badass, sassafras Rie Warren is the author of Sugar Daddy and the Don’t Tell series—a breakthrough trilogy that crosses traditional publishing boundaries beginning with In His Command.

She lives in gorgeous Charleston, South Carolina with her small family where she basks in the sunshine during the day, and adjourns to her woman cave at night. A nocturnal creature, she stays up way too late talking to herself, her characters, and anyone who will listen. She’s all about writing with heat, heart, and a hint of the dark, and she doesn’t shy away from the impossible.

Rie’s work has been called “edgy”, “daring”, and “some of the sexiest smut around”.

Sign up for my newsletter for special promotions and release news:

No comments:

Post a Comment