Saturday, January 10, 2015

New Release: Let's Be Crazy by Linsday Paige and Mary Smith


Oh Captain, My Captain presents Ashton Campbell of the Utah Bears.

Ashton Campbell balances his time between hockey and his young son, Reed. He can’t manage to find anyone good enough to be introduced into his little family, not that he spends a lot of time looking. As soon as he lays eyes on the beautiful, yet annoyed fan, he knows he needs at least one date with her, but he has to convince her to say yes first.

Lexie Allen’s life revolves around her daughter, Sadie. She has kept her focus only on her since the death of her husband in Iraq. She never worried about having a personal relationship with another man again. The only luxury she holds onto is her love of hockey, which doesn’t include the Utah Bears.

Ashton goes after what he wants and what he wants is Lexie. She, on the other hand, has to realize that sometimes, you have to be a little crazy to earn a happily ever after.




 We walk up to a tank that has a bunch of seahorses and smaller fish inside. A group of kids surround it, all excited and mesmerized.
Sadie stops her foot and whines, “I can’t see anything.” She crosses her arms in a pout.
“Here, I’ll help.” I bend down to pick her up, but as soon as I do, Reed pipes up too.
“I can’t see either.”
“Maybe if you eat something other than chicken nuggets, you’ll start growing. Might want to try those veggies next time. C’mon.” I crouch down a little to lift him up as well, a kid on each hip. They are heavy too. Reed and Sadie lean forward a little to see even better and I look at Lexie. “Can you see?”
She giggles. “I’m fine, thank you.”
I smile at her. Once the kids are done looking, I put them back down and ask, “Who is ready to see the sharks?”
Sadie looks up at me, then glances at Lexie and Reed. “Like...like real sharks? I thought we were just going to see the fish.”
“Duh, they’re real sharks. Sharks are fish too, Sadie.” Reed rolls his eyes at her, and I poke his shoulder in warning.
“But what if the glass breaks, and they try to eat us, like on Finding Nemo?”
“Those were good sharks. Remember?” Reed answers.
“Oh yeah.” She nods before tugging on my shirt a little. “Mr. Ashton, are these good sharks?”
“Yep, sure are,” I reassure her. “We are going to walk through a little tunnel, and they’ll swim around above us.”
That might not have been the best thing to say based on how scared she looks now, but I wanted to let her know what was going to happen. The little girl takes a deep breath, getting very serious. “Can I hold your hand in case the glass breaks?”
“Yes, you can.” She grabs my hand and I add, “You might need to hold Reed’s hand too.”
“Okay,” she nods in agreement as she takes his, “but hold Mommy’s, so we don’t lose her either.”
I hold back my laugh. “All right.” With a hand outstretched to Lexie, I ask, “Are you ready now too?”
With ease, she intertwines her fingers with mine and nods. As we walk towards the shark exhibit, she leans in and whispers, “If I didn’t know better, I would think you planned this.”
“I’m not that good,” I laugh.
“And here I thought you were,” she winks.


Lindsay Paige is a romance author from North Carolina who has published eight books on her own. She is a huge hockey fan of the Pittsburgh Penguins and loves read. When not writing, Lindsay is focused on completing college.

Mary Smith was born in Chicago, Illinois, but currently lives in West Virginia. She is an avid reader, co-founder of Book Nerds Across America, and author of the Ice series, Always Forever, and The Hockey Tutor. She goes nowhere without her cell phone or Kindle. Mary loves anything to do with Chicago Blackhawks, Patrick Sharp, and hockey related!!

Despite their love for different teams and players, Lindsay and Mary write hockey romances to vicariously live through their characters and their experiences with these hot hockey players. Together, they have written The Penalty Kill Trilogy and the Oh Captain, My Captain series.







Lindsay Paige




Mary Smith



Catch up on the rest of the series!!






Smashwords: http://bit.ly/1wz72ii
B&N: http://bit.ly/1umWlJ9
Kobo: http://bit.ly/12vEGrr






No comments:

Post a Comment