Saturday, January 17, 2015

Book Review: Falling for a Bentley by Adriana Law


Falling for a Bentley


Adriana Law


Goodreads


Amazon




Not every story is a perfect fairytale.

Victoria (Tori) Anderson has spent her entire life invisible. She plays the good girl well doing whatever it takes to pacify those around her, including her scumbag boyfriend who doesn't necessarily deserve her loyalty. When tragedy strikes bringing her boyfriend's extended family into town Tori is offered a way to escape in a dangerous package.

Multiple tattoos and piercings should warn Tori to stay away but something about Sterling Bentley draws her in: into his life, into his bed, into his soul, his heart and his pain. What do you do when you find the love of your life and they are the opposite of what you thought you wanted?

Do you run?
Or do you stay?

Sometimes we don't get to choose. Sometimes life brings us the unexpected, challenges us, and pushes us out of our comfort zone for a reason.

Sterling Bentley just might be Tori's reason.

FALLING FOR A BENTLEY is a story about addiction, forgiveness, heartbreak and hope. 


Recommended for ages 18 and up due to sexual situations, drug use and language. 




My Rating:





Favorite Quotes:

“There are two things in this world that every woman should do for her career.  Learn how to play golf better than any man, and marry someone with a prominent last name.”

“Dimples should come with a warning: Dangerous!  Could knock your world off its axis, categorized as a weapon, proceed with caution.”

“There is nothing worse than being shown who you love is not who you think they are.  Instead, they are the evil twin of your beloved.”

“I’d like to read your eyes for hours, and taste your lips for days,”

“Great.  He’ll be better for the next girl.  I’m either a genius.  Or stupid.”


My Review:


This book gutted me.  I feel like I have been turned inside out, but it was so worth it!  I actually clicked on this book by mistake, as I was expecting a book with a similar title and did not catch my error until I was half way through.  And of course, by that time I was so engrossed in the story that I couldn’t have stopped if my kindle had exploded.  Ms. Law has an exceptional knack for writing.  She has a remarkable talent for emotive story-telling and building up into heart breaking scenes, which had me anxious and tight chested several pages before the actual climatic events that had me clutching my chest and outright sobbing.  As I am rarely moved to tears, anyone who can achieve this feat, generally earns a 5 star review.  In all honesty, Ms. Law succeeded in reducing me to a quivering mess several times.  This is a complicated story of family drama, heartache, grief, loss, coming of age, addiction, physical and emotional abuse, and love.  I cared about the characters… I was anxious for them, I was crushed and then stricken when his moronic and horrific mistakes became too real, and she had to walk away.  I grew increasingly anxious as I drew nearer and neared the end of the book for fear they were broken beyond repair and it wasn’t going to resolve.  I cannot recall the last time I have felt so devastated - I am ruined, but now have shiny new favorite author.  

Empress DJ





No comments:

Post a Comment