Saturday, January 26, 2013

Midterm are over, So here are some good ways to relax

So I just finished My Midterms and may I just say, thank goodness they are finally over! They were so stressful and I had 7 of them plus a big midterm project in place of an actual midterm. It was all worth it though when yesterday we showcased our projects to classmates and faculty and we got cake! I think that was really what I was excited for, all the snacks and food. Midterms are a lot of stress on everyone, from the parents having to deal with their over stressed children to the students themselves who are freaking out about getting good grades. So here are some good ways for you guys to unwind and relax after all of the stress you just endured. Just remember that you made it guys! :D

1. Splurge on something sweet.
          There is nothing wrong with having a little, treat your little guilty pleasure. Mine is chocolate, I am crazy about chocolate. It makes me mroe hyper than I already am and I actually feel bad for the people who have to deal with me once the suger kicks in. So just take a deep breath and grab some sort of candy, chocolate or sweet that you really enjoy but haven't been able to enjoy due to all the stress. Revel in the delicious taste and relax your shoulders, let yourself smile. Trust me, you will feel a lot more relaxed in more time. Make sure to have some more of your treat nearby, trust me stopping at one is not going to be easy.

2. Meditate
          I know this is one of those overrated things for someone to say but hey it actually works. You don't have to sit there and go "oommmmmmm" for like 45 minutes, I tried one time and I ended up laughing like I was crazy. Just find someplace comfortable for you where it is quiet, and focus on your breathing. Focusing on something else besides whatever has you stressed will help you a lot in the long run. So just take a deep breath in, and now let it out. Now don't you feel a little better? :)

3. Stress Ball
       Those things seem to be only for crazy people, but hey aren't we all a little crazy? They actually work to relieve your stress, especially if sometimes you get to stressed your body cannot stop shaking like mine does sometimes. It doesn't even have to be a real one, get a bean bag, a squishy teddy bear, just something soft and give it a good squeeze.

4. Simple Stretches to even Yoga
       Just let your body get lose guys! Reach for your toes, stretch out your arms, whatever you feel comfortable doing. Heck, if you want a little more why not try some yoga? Your mind is not only overloaded with stress but your body is as well and just a little stretch here and there can help relieve the muscle stiffness you probably now notice you have,

5. Play your favorite song and Dance!
      Dancing is one of the big stress relievers. Whether you listen to Britney Spears, Eminem, Bless the Fall, Bon Jovi, whatever just get your favorite playlist and get a little silly and dance. For slow songs pretend to dance with someone like in a ballroom, it may sound silly but it's fun and you will find yourself smiling and feeling great.

6. Favorite Smell
      We all have that one scent that we love. I love the smell of vanilla, and giving something vanilla scented a smell can trigger a happy thought into my head into your head from the memories you probably have associated with it. You will feel great and smile, remembering all of those good times and what they mean to you.

Those are the main things it is that I do when I get over stressed and just need to relax. I suppose that relaxing works for everyone and there is no harm in trying my methods. You will be surprised to learn that these simple things will help loosen you up and smile that amazing smile of yours. :) Later guys!
~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment