Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Book Review: Pure Attraction by JB Heller


Pure Attraction


by JB Heller








Mia Lynn had accepted her life for what it was. It was better than what her mother told her she deserved, so she counted herself lucky. Until the day she found out she was pregnant.

Guilt had been Kai Phillip's constant companion most of his life. It was a part of him, forcibly fine-tuning his protective instincts, moulding him into the man he had become.

When their fates collide, emotions run high, hormones go haywire, hearts are put on the line and once again Kai is forced to face his demons when Mia’s old life comes to find her.




My Rating:


Favorite Quotes:


“I felt like I’d been uprooted and teleported to an alternate universe.  This whole situation was so far from anything I’d ever known or even heard of.  I mean really, who took in homeless pregnant women, fed them delicious hot chips, babysat children that weren’t even their own and joked about nailing their friend’s wife?”

“I was all over him like a fat kid on a triple choc cupcake.  He started reading in his office or the car to try hide from me.”

I’ve been shopping with Ivy a million times before.  This is easy compared to going with her. I just grabbed whatever I wanted.  I didn’t have to stand around discussing the difference between a bath towel and a bath sheet for half a fucking hour before picking one.”

“The thing with tragedy is it rarely happens when you’re ready for it, or when you’re expecting it.  No, it sneaks up like a thief in the night, takes what you hold dear, and rips it from you with no regret and no remorse.  It leaves only grief, fear, and guilt in its wake.” 


My Review:


J.B. Heller is an instant one-click purchase for me.  No thought required – unless of course she changed genres to YA zombie hunting vampires… that I would need to think about.  But I adore her sassy and steamy stories, they are unfailingly entertaining, just the right length, deliciously steamy, humorous while also highly emotive and squeezing my heart, and jam packed with quirky smart mouthed characters.  I also I love learning new words/Aussie terms and naughty word combinations such as wank stain, and dag.  Such fun.  Pure Attraction has two broken social isolates finding each other through an act of kindness, and ultimately saving each other emotionally, mentally, and physically.  And believe me when I say the sexy bits sizzled and fogged up my kindle.  I required a second glass of wine just to cool down, sipped slowly of course.  More please!

Empress DJ


About JB Heller






I'm a regular Aussie chic, with a spunky husband and a few kids.

I've worked in many different fields, trying to find my niche. But nothing felt right until now. I have found my fit. I am passionate about reading as well as writing and I have gained some incredibly inspiring friends from this journey.

I write contemporary romance with a bit of spice to keep things interesting.

I like to write fun, interesting characters that grab your attention from the very beginning.

I hope you enjoy reading my books as much as I enjoy writing them.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete