Thursday, August 14, 2014

Darkness Unleashed - Belinda Boring Review


Darkness unleashed Review

Series: Mystic Wolves
Book: Darkness Unleashed
Author: Belinda Boring

Book Synopsis:
 Nothing is as it seems.
Alliances will be forged and broken.
Friendships will be tested.
The bitter sting of betrayal cuts the deepest ... prepare your hearts for the DARKNESS UNLEASHED.


As the startling truth behind Darcy's strange behavior is revealed, the race begins as time runs out for Mason to save his beloved mate. Fighting against an unknown enemy, he must rely on instinct and powerful magic to uncover the devious plot to destroy the woman he loves. Just when Mason thinks he understands and has everything under control, the true mastermind behind recent attacks steps forward to claim authority over the Supernatural community. As the Master releases his cruelty and malice on those who dare to defy him, it will take everything the Mystic Wolves Alpha has to protect those he's pledged to serve.

Book Review:
I think I stopped breathing for a few moments as I read those last lines. As I read about everything crumbling away one at a time. As I read the words I dreaded more than anything.
Belinda, I think you've ruined me from other books. I don't think I'll be able to rest until I get the next book. I'm torn, destroyed and weak right now. 
This book picks up where the last one left us. There's so much going on for our main characters, they can't seem to catch a break (they never can) and things are crumbling quick. I was edge the entire time, turning the pages and griping onto my sanity praying for the good outcome I know we all want for our beloved characters. Every page brought something new to the table that rattled me more and more, leaving me no choice but to plunge deeper and deeper into the world Belinda created until I got the answers I sought. With an ending that pretty much destroyed any delusions I had left of there being hope for a better day for our heroes, I feel like I've been left to dry after sitting in the path of a tsunami. 
The characters face these new challenges with all that they have, making me love them more and more as they simply try to protect what's theirs. With just he right amount of twists and turns I was kept on my toes, my head spinning, attempting to grasp onto something that wasn't there. All I know is that I am in desperate need of the next book in this fantastic series because there's no way I can live my life not knowing what's happening next. Belinda has ruined me, I hope you're happy. But I don't regret getting that first book in the series and every book that followed it, and I doubt I ever will. 

Favorite Quotes:

"Sometimes we get caught in the crossfire of other people's choices. It's not a reflection of who we are, but who they are."

"Who I was - the strength people saw- was a direct reflection of the mate I was bonded to. I loved teasing her about how she belonged to me, how she was mine, but the truth was, she owned me completely. I would follow her to the ends of the earth."

"'Remember, it's you and me, together, against the world.'
'Then bring on tomorrow'"

No comments:

Post a Comment