Thursday, February 27, 2014

Review: Your Exception - Bria Starr


Your Exception
Title: Your Exception


Author: Bria Starr


Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance, Chick-Lit


Synopsis:


All I’d ever wanted was to fall in love and be loved in return.
Logan stole my heart when I least expected it. He was sexy, adventurous, and the way he played guitar left me weak in the knees. He made me happy. He made me think I’d found the one.
And he made me believe in happy endings.
I knew he was my forever. I thought he knew it too.
I was wrong.
He destroyed everything I thought we had and shattered my dreams of us. He left me heartbroken. He made me doubt myself.
And he didn’t even seem to care…
Now I must let go. But how can I when he still consumes me?
How do you walk away from what you know was real?

My Review:

4 musical stars

A very good start for a first time author. The anguish and confusion seem very real. Ms. Starr puts her heroine out there while recounting her heartbreak, disappointments, and generally less than satisfying relationships with 3 different men. Glad I am not a young adult anymore, this story captured and brought back those exciting, excruciating, emotional roller coaster, teeth grinding, stomach fluttering, angsty feelings of that age. A little somethin somethin many of us frequently miss... but just as many have gladly forgotten, and/or hope we have left far behind us. I sincerly hope Ms Starr continues to hone her craft, I want to see more from her in the future.


Empress DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment