Friday, February 28, 2014

Review - Letting Go by JM Witt (Empress DJ)

 Letting Go (Anchored Hearts #1)
Title: Letting Go (Anchored Hearts #1)

Author: JM WittGenre: Contemporary Romance, Women's Fiction, Chick-Lit

Synposis: Volume 1 in the Anchored Hearts collection. 


***Adult content, language, strong sexual content. 18+ please*** 

"I think what shocked me the most was how incredibly steamy the book was. Scene after scorching scene, the bar gets raised." ~ Lisa at A Risque Affair Book Blog 

When your past threatens to destroy your future; how long will you hang on before Letting Go? 

Cassidy Charles is picking up the pieces of her life after another terrible tragedy. The last thing she's looking for is love. James bursting back into her life is the last thing she expected, but possibly everything she needs. She can’t deny the attraction, but can she get past the fact that he may be the reason she’s lost so much? He opens up a whole new world to her that she’s only dreamed about that she easily falls into. The result of her relationship with him reveals secrets from her past she thought were long forgotten. 

James Benedict III, local playboy and successful real estate investor hasn’t stopped thinking about her since that fateful night all those months ago. He has her back in his life, but for how long? As more and more secrets from her past are revealed his own demons and tragedies loom overhead threatening to destroy everything he's built and done for her. He wants her in his life, but because of him her world comes tumbling down, again. 

Will they discover that the love they have is strong enough to survive everything and everyone trying to tear them apart before it’s too late?


My Review:


4 ½ Sizzling Stars
Sizzling yet sweet. Wear oven mitts while reading this one ladies - it brings the heat, as well as the spice. I would give it 4 1/2 stars if possible. I reserve 5 stars for stories that make me cry and/or laugh aloud. While this one did neither, it did give me a huge case of 2 deadly sins - envy and lust. Oh my! Christian Grey is a hack compared to my new BBF (Book Boy Friend)! JB3 is a much better boyfriend, and I just love his moniker. In addition to the steamy, spicy, juicy, sizzling sex scenes, (hmm) there is also a tender love story - which is ultimately what we all want… once we have caught our breath, cleaned ourselves up, and changed our clothes after getting through the steamy, spicy, and juicy stuff. Ms. Witt has done a fabulous job as I cared about and for all the characters, even the ancillary ones. I still feel invested in them, wish them well, and want to know what happens to them - all signs of a good tale. Obviously, given that the title states Vol. 1, it is meant to be a series, which I typically don't care for... but this book actually had an ending and can stand on it's own. No irritating cliffhanger - which I personally despise as much as flying cockroaches and biting ants. Ms. Witt calls herself a stay-at-home mom. I call her an insightful and talented author. I hope to be reading more of her breath-stealing work for years to come. Make me cry next time Ms. Witt and I'll give you 5 stars.
Empress DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment