Saturday, November 30, 2019

Book Review: Break the Rules (Loveless Brothers #3) by Roxie Noir

BTR - BT banner.jpg

Break the Rules

 (Loveless Brothers #3) 

by Roxie Noir

Some lines shouldn’t be crossed.

Some rules shouldn’t be broken.

June is one of them, and I know it.

Break the Rules, an all-new hilarious, brother’s best friend romance from Roxie Noir, is available now!


RN_BreaktheRules_Ebook

As a forest ranger, I believe in the simple life. I prefer cabins to apartments, trails to freeways, and trees to people. My life is orderly, predictable, and quiet.
Until it’s hit by a woman I never saw coming -- Hurricane June.
She’s fierce. She’s feisty. She has a laugh like the first day of spring, and she’s so pretty that I can’t breathe when I look at her. June will only be in town for a few months—just while job-hunting. She won’t last until winter, but how can I resist?
Except I have to. She’s my best, oldest, and most loyal friend’s baby sister.
Betraying him would be the worst thing I’ve ever done. Not betraying him might be the hardest.
Especially once we start working together on a secret project. All this spending time together, sneaking around at night, and lying to her brother about what we’re doing sure feels like more than friendship.
June might break my heart. Her brother might break my nose.
But I guess some things were made to be broken.

BTR - AN

Download your copy today or read FREE in Kindle Unlimited!

Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/BreakRules

Add to Goodreads: http://bit.ly/2kSC9qu

RN_BreaktheRules_T4.jpg


My Rating:


Favorite Quotes:


Levi is a mystery wrapped in an enigma stuffed into a crate labeled puzzle, and I don’t think he likes me.


There are reasons besides loyalty and friendship that June is a bad idea for me. Reasons like Silas has extensive combat training and Silas is not a reasonable human being when it comes to his little sister.


“June, there’s a bottle of your father’s pizzazz sauce on the door if you’d like some for the chili,” my mom says. “And I think there’s still some of his butt burner if you want to go ahead and use that up.” I make a face, because your father’s pizzazz sauce is a phrase I could happily go a lifetime without hearing, and that goes double for your father’s butt burner. He’s turned to making hot sauces in his retirement, because everyone needs a hobby…


“It’s not hoarding if it’s books,” Charlie says. “Then it’s knowledge collection, and that makes you fancy.”



“There are animals who won’t breed in captivity,” he says. “Is that why you’re not married?”


“Give me more advice, please,” I say. “Fart before you go into the interview room,” he says instantly. “Don’t hold it in, because then you’ll end up gassing everyone in there, and they’ll know it was you, and you will not get hired at that job. You will not.”


“Who is this?” I demand…”You’re being nice and my brother Silas once held me down and farted into my mouth, so you’re obviously an imposter,” I say.




My Review:


I barked with laughter and giggle-snorted repeatedly while reading this delightfully clever tale. This was my first experience reading the feisty and talented Roxie Noir but I plan to be hitting her page like a binge dieter at the all-you-can-eat buffet on cheat days.


I was euphoric over this adorable couple and well enamored with most of the secondary characters as well; they were smart, sweet-natured, witty, well suited, funny, sexy, and thoughtful and kind with each other. Levi and June’s harmonious relationship was gentle, supportive, and considerate, as well as atomically sensual and gasp ~ hot enough to melt my Kindle.


Swoon, Levi is my forever BBF. The storylines and writing style were highly amusing, unfailingly engaging, fun, lively, easy to follow, and laden with sharp wit and comical observations. I have a new favorite author to fangirl, I need more of her stellar arrangements of words in my life.




About Roxie

I love writing sexy, alpha men and the headstrong women they fall for. My weaknesses include: beards, whiskey, nice abs with treasure trails, sarcasm, cats, prowess in the kitchen, prowess in the bedroom, forearm tattoos, and gummi bears. I live in California with my very own sexy, bearded, whiskey-loving husband and two hell-raising cats.


Connect with Roxie

Join her reader group The Roxettes: http://bit.ly/2K5fRLU
Stay up to date with Roxie by joining her mailing list: http://bit.ly/2SVTlb7

No comments:

Post a Comment