Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Book Review: Showing Up (THE GEG SERIES #4) by Jacquelyn Ayres



Book: Showing Up
THE GEG SERIES
Author: Jacquelyn Ayres
Genre: Contemporary Romance  #ShowingUpTour




Synopsis:

Julie McEvoy has been mourning the loss of her mother most of her life. Only . . . her mother isn’t dead. She’s not missing. She’s not even far away. She’s just not there the way a mother should be.
Having enough of the passive-aggressive loop their relationship has been on, Julie cuts ties completely with Cynthia. It shouldn’t matter; Cynthia’s never really there for her anyhow. She doesn’t need her mother anymore.
Except—she does.
Cynthia McEvoy has been keeping secrets for over thirty years. She’s not proud of it, but it has helped her to become the strong, independent woman she is today. The same strong woman who is now trying to pick up and glue back the pieces of the relationships she’s either destroyed along the way or never allowed any nourishment for. 
Hopefully, it’s not too late.
Sometimes you have to go back to the beginning to understand how behaviors start, why they continue for so long, and where to begin the healing process.



Buy The Book
AMAZON US 
AMAZON UK 
UNIVERSAL LINK 





My Rating:





Favorite Quotes:



Nothing puts your ass in check quicker than realizing you’re turning into your mother.


I’m Australian, yet no one is ever sure if I am or if I’m English, so I’m intriguing. My man-card is platinum, dude.


I know. I’m really proud of you . . . learning English like that. Has it been harder to understand with Dumbass being your native tongue?


Believe me, darling, when I tell you that man needs absolutely no help in that department. I’m half surprised his willy hasn’t fallen off yet.


Everyone has a spirit animal, ours is the sloth...

I’m at an age in my life where I’d rather start off with a promising ‘hello’ kiss than worrying about a ‘goodnight’ kiss for the entire date.



My Review:



I smirked and giggle-snorted my way through this irreverently humorous and cheeky tale that was overflowing with quirky and sassy characters, f-bombs, family drama, and heart-squeezing and swoon-worthy romance.  Sigh.  I adore Jacquelyn Ayres naughty wit and imagine she would be a top shelf friend and good fun to be around, rain or shine.  Deftly written from multiple points of view, the snark was well-honed, the banter was spicy, the nursery rhymes were naughty, the quips were cleverly pitched, and the inner musings were insightfully observant and tugged at the heart.  I was highly impatient and needled with curiosity to uncover the treasure trove of Cynthia’s thirty-year-old secrets the wily author periodically taunted me with… I had a feeling her history was going to be a heart ripper, and the creative and ingenious Ms. Ayres did not disappoint.  Don’t you dare tell me we’ve run out of GEGs, so who is next Ms. Ayres?  Dare I suggest a clever cougar addition to Maddie’s practice who just happens to be named DJ?  Hmm?  


Empress DJ


Meet the Author: 


      I am a domestic engineer (born and raised in New Jersey) whose sole responsibility is guiding three young, impressionable kids into becoming phenomenal adults. This challenging yet rewarding work requires a lot of love (coffee), patience (wine), and determination (periodic exorcisms). And so far—I’m nailing it! I used to work all of this magic from the beautiful state of New Hampshire but am now blessing North Carolina with my brand of harmless crazy. You’re welcome, North Carolina.
      Before becoming a domestic goddess (not really), I spent over a decade working in the medical field, where I wore more hats than the queen.
      I have loved the written word and the great escape it provides since I was a little girl. When I wasn't reading about people and the places they lived, I created my own characters and adventures. Finally, I started putting a pen to paper and allowing my characters to come to life.

When I don't have a pen in hand, you can often find me laughing at the conversations my characters are having in my head.

Social Links

Facebook        Twitter          Goodreads 



OTHER BOOKS IN THE SERIES (All on Sale!)

Under Contract - 99c

Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2t0RN6G 
Universal Link: books2read.com/u/3kjLGb




In The Mix - 99c

Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2xvw6Mp 
Universal Link: books2read.com/u/bW8wG3

Crossing The Line - 1.99
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2hssQfh 
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2ES7Rgz
Universal Link: books2read.com/u/mZEvp3

No comments:

Post a Comment