Sunday, February 3, 2013

Thrift Shop- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz


Hey guys, here's another song review for you. If you keep up with the American Top 40 (which I usually don't do) the latest top hit holding the number one spot is Thrift Shop- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz. This isn't the kind of sing that I listen to but this song has a nice beat that I really enjoy.



Macklemore, formally known as Professor Macklemore, is an American musician who you find working with producer Ryan Lewis. The song thrift shop soared to more than 2.2 million sold copies and 75 million video views. Macklemore has had struggles with substance abuse, cleaning himself up in 2008 but having a relapse, you could say that the substance has kept him from doing what he wants to. In 2010 he celebrated 2 years of being substance free and we can only hope he is still going strong.

Since I haven't listened to any of their other songs, I am not sure if they took a new direction and whether it was for better of worse. From what I have heard however, I definitely like what I hear. The song features a saxophone  though subtle through a lot of the song you are still aware it, adding to the beat of the song. The words talk about how Macklemore would rather purchase cheap clothing from a thrift shop rather than spending I definitely understand what he is talking about. I don't understand why people would spend 50 dollars on a shirt that you could get, that looks exactly the same without the name brand logo on it mind you, for probably ten dollars or less. I don't really know what I would compare this song to but it reminds me of a song I heard once. The words are the knife into the habit of many in America. Being such a consumer economy, one knows that

All in all, the beat of the song as well as the meaning is a sure hit with me. I think this is something that I will be dancing to (in the privacy of my room thank you very much) for a while. Check it out if you haven't.
 Later guys c:
~Sam




Lyrics:

[Macklemore:]Wha, wha, wha, wha, wha, wha, wha, wha, wha...
[Wanzz:]I’m gonna pop some tagsOnly got $20 in my pocketI-I-I'm huntin' lookin' for a come-upThis is fucking awesome
[Macklemore:]Now,Walk into the club like what up I got a big cockI'm so pumped I bought some shit from a thrift shopIce and the fringe are so damn frostyThe people like damn thats a cold ass honkyRollin' in hella deep headed to the mezzanineDressed in all pink 'cept my gator shoes those are green draped in a leopard mink girls standin' next to meProbably shoulda washed this it smells like R. Kelly's sheetsPissssssssssBut shit it was 99 centsIf I get coppin' it washin' itBout to go and get some compliments passin' off in those moccasinsSomeone else has been walkin' in but me and grungie fuck 'em inI am stuffed in your closet andSavin my money and I'm hella happy thats a bargain bitchI'ma take your grandpa style, I'ma take your grandpa styleNo for real, ask your grandpa can I have his hand-me-downsVelour jumpsuit and some house slippers doukie brown leather jacket that I found diggin'They had a broken keyboard, I bought a broken keyboardI bought a ski blanket, then I bought a kneeboardHello hello my ace man my mellowJohn Wayne ain't got nothin' on my fringe gameHello!I can take some pro wings make 'em cool sell thoseThe sneaker heads will be likeAwww he got the velcro's
[Wanz:]I’m gonna pop some tagsOnly got $20 in my pocketI-I-I'm huntin' lookin' for a come-upThis is fucking awesomeI’m gonna pop some tagsOnly got $20 in my pocketI-I-I'm huntin' lookin' for a come-upThis is fucking awesome
[Macklemore:]Whatcha know 'bout rockin' the wolf on your nogginWhatcha knowin' about wearin' a fur fox skinI'm diggin', I'm diggin', I'm searchin' right through that luggageOne man's trash that's another man's come-upThank ya grand dad for donating that plaid buttonUp shirt 'cause right now I'm up in her skirtsI’m at the Goodwill you can find me in theI’m not I'm not I’m not searchin' in that sectionYour Grammy your Auntie your Momma your MammyI'll take those flannel zebra jammies secondhand I rock that mothafuckaThey built a onesie with the socks on the mothafuckaI hit the party and they stopped in that mothafuckaThey be like oh! That Gucci that's hella tight. I'm like Yo! thats $50 for a t-shirtLimited edition let's do some simple addition $50 for a t-shirt that's just some ignorant bitch shitI call that getting swindled and pitched shitI call that getting tricked by a businessThat shirts hella dope and that bliss same one on six other people in this club is a hella don'tEat game come take a look through my telescopeTryna get girls with my brand man you hella won'tMan you hella won't(Goodwill! Poppin' tags! Yeah!)
[Wanz:]I’m gonna pop some tagsOnly got $20 in my pocketI-I-I'm huntin' lookin' for a come-upThis is fucking awesomeI'll wear your grand dad's clothesI look incredibleI’m in this big ass coat from that thrift shop down the roadI'll wear your grand dad's clothesI look incredibleI’m in this big ass coat from that thrift shop down the roadI’m gonna pop some tagsOnly got $20 in my pocketI-I-I'm huntin' lookin' for a come-upThis is fucking awesome
[Little Girl:]Is that your grandma's coat? 

No comments:

Post a Comment