Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Book Review: Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2) by April White

CS02-BLOGTOUR-FB

Code of Honor, an all-new fun and flirty romantic standalone in the Cipher Security series from April White, is available now in Kindle Unlimited!


cs-code-of-honor copy

A painting, a panic room, a thief, and her lover … whose job is to catch her.
There are three things you need to know about Anna.

1) She’s a bounty hunter with adrenaline junkie habits,

2) She’s the “awkward” twin, and

3) She’s a thief – kind of.

Darius designs security systems for Cipher Security, and the strange and remarkable woman he met the night the painting was stolen is as intriguing a mystery as his hunt for the thief is.

But the lady has no filter, and she knows she can’t lie to the man who looks like a Disney Prince and kisses like fairytales are true, so she runs from the one person who may actually see her as the heroine of her own story.

‘Code of Honor’ is a full-length contemporary romantic suspense, can be read as a standalone and is book #2 in the Cipher Security series, Knitting in the City World, Penny Reid Book Universe.

CS02-KU


Download your copy TODAY or read FREE in Kindle Unlimited!


Add to Goodreads: http://bit.ly/2ZVjPNt


CS02-TEASER02



My Rating:


Favorite Quotes:


How was it possible that Colette, wearing jeans and a linen shirt, could look so effortlessly female, while I looked like a confused boy playing dress-up in his sister’s closet? … We were genetically identical, and yet my body was awkwardly athletic while hers was willowy and slender. My laugh was loud and startling, and hers made fairies sigh and small woodland creatures come out and sing. She walked like a supermodel in stiletto heels while I teetered around like a drunk toddler in anything higher than Doc Martens combat boots.


… his gaze gave me sweaty butterflies. I’ve determined they’re a thing, since I don’t get simple, fluttery, girly butterflies like most straight women do when a ridiculously handsome guy notices them. My butterflies flap around so hard they make me feel slightly nauseated, which inevitably leads to a mild case of the sweats. Ergo, sweaty butterflies.


I had realized when I was a kid, choosing Honor as my D&D character, that my personal code felt a little like a mix of Robin Hood and Mulan, with an unfortunate dose of Sid, the filterless sloth.


I can be a lot of things... but shy isn’t in my repertoire. Awkward and dorky I have covered, and I could draw a map to Mortification Central, but I won’t, because that’s the kind of place you have to stumble into.


“You have a T. rex costume?” he asked as he looked over my shoulder. I snorted. “You don’t?” I shut the drawer before he could see the rhinestone tiara.


My Review:


This fun and snappily written book was chock-a-block full of smartly amusing humor that sparkled brighter than ten glitter bombs and took quirkiness to a stratospheric level. I adored, savored, and gleefully devoured each and every one of Ms. White's perfectly chosen and expertly paced arrangements of words.



Ms. White’s writing was crisp and flawlessly engaging. Her charismatic characters were delightfully idiosyncratic and deliciously filterless while brimming with uncanny and colorful nonsense as well as intelligent insights and astute observations. The intrigue and mystery were craftily scaffolded and shrewdly tucked in between and among brilliant and raucous bouts of comedy. I adore her brand of whip-smart cleverness and also learned a thing or two, as a consultation with Mr. Google was required for engineer boots and the Four Noble Truths.



About April White

April White has been a film producer, private investigator, bouncer, teacher, and screenwriter. She has climbed in the Himalayas, survived a shipwreck, and lived on a gold mine in the Yukon. She and her husband share their home in Southern California with two extraordinary boys and a lifetime collection of books. Her first novel, Marking Time is the 2016 winner of the Library Journal Indie E-Book Award for YA Literature, and all five books in the Immortal Descendants series are on the Amazon Top 100 lists in Time Travel Romance and Historical Fantasy.


Find April White online


IMG_0640



20200225-SPR logo FINAL

Connect with Smartypants Romance




No comments:

Post a Comment