Friday, January 3, 2020

Book Review: Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2) by Nora Everly

GVL02-BANNERBT-SBPR


Crime and Periodicals, an all-new sweet and swoony romance from Nora Everly, is available now!



Crime and Periodicals
(Green Valley Library #2)
by Nora Everly

In Green Valley, Tennessee everybody knows everybody, but nobody knows Sabrina Logan.

Sabrina has been hiding in plain sight for years. Living her life inside of books, dutifully helping her family, and hoping no one will notice her. So far? Mission accomplished!

Yet when sexy—and distrustful—sheriff, Wyatt Monroe returns to town with his daughters, he definitely notices the quiet librarian everyone else overlooks. The single dad can’t seem to shake thoughts of shy Sabrina. Without quite understanding the impulse, Wyatt makes his mission finding her again, so he can . . . well, he’ll just have to reckon with that later.

What Wyatt discovers is a woman who trusts too easily, but who’s afraid to live. Trust doesn’t come easily to Wyatt. But living? That’s never been a problem.

And he’d sure like to show her how.

'Crime and Periodicals' is a full-length contemporary romantic comedy, can be read as a standalone, and is book#2 in the Green Valley Library series, Green Valley World, Penny Reid Book Universe.




Download your copy today or available in Kindle Unlimited! 


Amazon Worldwide:


Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2kxGGhZ


My Rating:


Favorite Quotes: 


By now I was pretty sure that every time I looked directly at him my IQ lowered because I could not think of one stinking word to say to him. I opened my mouth anyway though, just in case the flirt fairy decided to bless me with a witty anecdote or some charming repartee. Nope. That was a big fat nothing coming out of my mouth.


I was beginning to develop suspicions that he was as nice as he was hot. And that made him just like a unicorn. A total keeper.


I made myself laugh at the jokes, but it came out nervous and I probably sounded insane. I took a step back and braced myself… I shoved my glasses up the bridge of my nose and looked around. I tried to do it surreptitiously. But I was sure I had crazy eyes.


I would drop dead of embarrassment. I would be the first documented case. People would study it, and then I would come back to life and drop dead again.


This apple had fallen so far from the tree it was on another planet in another galaxy in an alternate universe made up of nothing but future romance novel heroes.


I sat there, panting like I’d just run a six-minute mile. My head was filled with images of fireworks and stars, planets realigning in the universe, that enormous Harvest Moon illuminating us from up above like it was there just for us, and the feeling that everything in my life had shifted into place so I could be right here at this moment—exactly where I needed to be.




My Review: 


I adored every word of this cleverly penned tale - it was a total delight from beginning to end and meshed seamlessly with the beloved yet highly peculiar community created by the ingenious Penny Reid. Written in my favorite dual POV and filled with endearingly flawed and heart-squeezing characters, Harry Potter references, breath-stealing insights, and highly amusing observations; Ms. Everly’s writing sparkled brighter than the glitter aisle at Hobby Lobby. I was as enamored and besotted with the fatally shy yet MAC red lippy wearing Sabrina as I was with the thoughtful, kind, and gentle giant hot dad Wyatt. I frequently barked with laughter, giggle-snorted, and gleefully savored every well-chosen word and mourned a bit when hitting that perfectly satisfying HEA as I am greedy and wanted more.


About Nora Everly

Nora Everly is a lifelong bookworm. She started reading the good stuff once she grew tall enough to sneak the romance novels off the top of her mother’s bookshelf and it has been non-stop ever since.

Once upon a time she was a substitute teacher and an educational assistant. Now she’s a writer and stay at home mom to two small humans and one fat cat.

Nora lives in the Pacific Northwest with her family and her overactive imagination.


Connect with Nora Everly



Connect with Smartypants Romance

No comments:

Post a Comment