Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Book Review: One Hundred Goodbyes (An Aspen Cove Romance #9) by Kelly Collins



 One Hundred Goodbyes 
(An Aspen Cove Romance #9)
 by Kelly Collins


Amazon US / UK / AU / CA 

Welcome back to Aspen Cove, the town where a stranger is simply a friend you haven’t met…

Eden Webster has always been generous to a fault. The word no isn’t in her vocabulary. That’s how at twenty-eight she finds herself homeless, alone, and pregnant in Aspen Cove. Abandoned by the one person she should have been able to count on, her sister Suzanne, she’s forced to accept the generosity of strangers. The last thing she expects is to meet Mr. Right at exactly the wrong time.

Handsome firefighter Thomas Cross lives by one rule—never trust a woman with your heart. After months of waiting for his baby to be born, he’s delivered the truth of his girlfriend’s betrayal. When Doc Parker asks him to put Eden up for a few months until her baby is born, he’s certain he’ll be able to keep his distance. But the more time they spend together, the more he realizes love is not something that can be overruled by logic.

Will Thomas allow room in his heart for Eden and her baby, or will he go back to being the man who cannot trust? Find out in One Hundred Goodbyes…



My Rating:


Favorite Quotes:



The old man finished off his beer. “Son, there are two things I never kid about. One is hemorrhoids and the other is women. It’s time you found yourself the latter because sitting on your ass at home alone will give you the former.”



DNA doesn’t make you a family. It just makes you related.



“You’re either a friend or a friend we haven’t met. We’ve met you, so now you’re a friend. No one turns their back on a friend.” Eden let out a semi-hysterical laugh. “No, you have to be related for that kind of dismissal.”



My sweetheart, Agatha. Damn woman is crazy to love an old fart like me, but she does, and I’m not investing in therapy to cure her.



Just let me know what you’re looking for. I have two bad habits. Loose women and garage sales.



It’s the detours that make life exciting.



Yes, there’s nothing like the feel of another woman’s child. At the end of the day, I get to go home and sleep eight hours. My boobs are still where they were years ago, and I can have all the wine I want.



My Review:



I giggle-snorted my way through this delightfully amusing and tender sweet small-town romance. This was a fun and satisfying read. I typically avoid pregnancy stories but since I will gleefully pick up anything Kelly Collins cares to print (although I’d have to think long and hard if she took a turned at zombies), I was willing to give it a perusal and lucky me, it was one of her best. The storylines were relevant, topical, and thoughtfully put forth with an interesting and colorful cast of quirky small-town personalities for extra flavor. I adored this couple and enjoyed spending time with them.




 ABOUT KELLY COLLINS   



Kelly Collins writes with the intention of keeping the love alive.

Always a romantic, she is inspired by real-time events mixed with a dose of fiction. She encourages her readers to reach the happily ever after but bask in the afterglow of the perfectly imperfect love.

Kelly lives in Colorado with her husband of twenty-seven years. She loves hockey, shiny objects and has a new-found appreciation for green smoothies.

No comments:

Post a Comment