Thursday, March 28, 2019

Book Review: Worth the Wait by J.B. Heller


Worth The Wait 

(Alpha One #2)

by JB Heller




Amazon US / UK / CA / AU 


Some secrets shouldn’t be kept…


Being with Ellie is easy. She’s fiery, brilliant, gorgeous and knows her way around an engine. I knew the moment I saw her, fire flashing in her green eyes, that she was it for me. We fit together perfectly, her outspoken nature complementing my reserved one.

I’ve never been so at peace, so absolutely content. There’s only one thing that could ruin it all, my past. There are things I haven’t told her, things she needs to know. But I’m not the only one who’s been keeping secrets, and it’s all about to surface in the worst possible way.


I can’t lose her, not when I only just got her. Protecting people is what I do, it’s more than my job, it’s my sole purpose in life. It’s why I joined the military then became a bodyguard. 


The man threatening what’s mine obviously doesn’t value his own life, because nobody messes with my family and walks away unscathed.

Worth the Wait is a sizzling standalone novel in the Alpha One Protection romantic suspense series. If you like sexy alpha men, free-spirited women, and shocking plot twists, then you’ll love JB Heller’s danger-riddled romance.

**Book two in a series of interconnecting standalones.


My Rating:


Favorite Quotes:


I was smiling because you make me happy, you crazy little gremlin. That’s all… Can’t a man enjoy your company without it being creepy?


“No swearing near her,” I snap. “Her brain is like a sponge. She’ll remember that shit.” Paco glares at me, “You just said shit.” A frown creases my brows. “I’m workin’ on it.”


My Review:

I am conflicted in how to rate this one; it was a mixed bag for me.  I enjoyed the first half of the book which was equal parts humor, sizzle, and angst while delving into the blossoming relationship of Zak and Ellie, a feisty pint-sized female mechanic who was an apparent turd magnet with an unpleasant relationship history and alarmingly poor taste in men.  It was no wonder Ellie was questioning her good fortune and a bit distrustful in hitting the jackpot with Zak, her current love interest, who had been outstandingly patient with her smart mouth, quick temper, and outlandish antics and was exceptionally gentle with her despite his large size.  Zak was extremely thoughtful had a complicated history and a large, tender, and generous heart.  Midway through the storyline changed and became increasing more convoluted and difficult to follow until it skidded off the rails into OTT land and I was approaching DNF territory.  I stuck with it out of curiosity and was rewarded with a return to the lighter tones of levity and steam before ending in a satisfying HEA.  

Empress DJ


Author JB Heller



Website 
Goodreads

JB Heller is an average Aussie housewife in her early 30’s with a wicked sexy imagination. JB and her family live in Central Queensland, Australia on a mini farm of sorts, surrounded by animals.

She writes both romantic suspense and contemporary romance with a healthy splash of wit. You'll love her dashingly handsome alpha hero's and their feisty counterparts. Then swoon over her beautifully damaged, and flawed characters.

Most day’s JB can be found glued to her laptop, taking advantage of school hours or trolling Pinterest for her next potential muse. And when she needs a break from the voices in her head she indulges in one of her favorite past times, reading or binging on Netflix.

Want to know more about JB? Check her out, you’ll be guaranteed a good laugh if nothing else.



bookbubinstagramgoodreadsamazon



No comments:

Post a Comment