Saturday, December 15, 2018

Book Review: Adorable Fat Girl and the Mysterious Invitation by Bernice Bloom




Adorable Fat Girl and the Mysterious Invitation

by Bernice Bloom


Amazon US / UK / CA / AU


Mary Brown receives an invitation to a funeral. But she has absolutely no idea who the deceased is. She’s told that he invited her on his deathbed, and he’s very keen for her to attend, so she heads off to a dilapidated old farmhouse in a remote part of Wales. When she gets there she discovers that only five other people have been invited to the funeral. None of them knows who he is either.

NO ONE GOING TO THIS FUNERAL HAS EVER HEARD OF THE DECEASED. WHAT IS GOING ON??

Then they are told that they have 20 hours to work out why they have been invited in order to inherit a million pounds.

Who is this guy and why are they there? And what of the ghostly goings-on in the ancient old building?

Featuring Mary Brown, star of the Adorable Fat Girl series of books, in her greatest adventure yet.

This is BOOK NINE in the series but can be enjoyed as a stand-alone book or as part of the series.

My Rating:


Favorite Quotes:



“I met a yogi, banged my head, lay there as some bloke’s tackle fell out of his shorts when he was coming down from downward dog, then came home again.” … “What about the bloke with the runaway testicles?”


He indicated the seat next to him and put the phone on the table in front of us, clicking it onto loudspeaker. We leaned over it like the French resistance and Ted dialed the number.


I am a size 22, I convince myself that I’m 20 but since I can’t get into clothes that are size 20, it’s an entirely inaccurate conviction.


At Llanelli station I was the only person to get off the train, and I stepped onto the deserted platform like I was in some film from wartime... I was half waiting for the steam to clear to reveal my family, running towards me to greet me after I’d been away at war for years.



My Review:


The Adorable Fat Girl series is indeed just that, Mary Brown is sweet, adorable, and a ton of good fun. And so are the scribblings of her talented creator, Bernice Bloom. I am totally enamored with the both of them. There was a mystery afoot and the taxi driver transporting Mary to the funeral was a tad confused and introduced her as Miss Marple upon arrival. Mary didn’t have a chance of solving the intriguing and well-crafted conundrum, but neither did anyone else. Mary’s sincere attempts and wry observations were highly amusing and entertaining. And joy, I have two additions to my Brit Word List with faffing about – dithering or wasting time, and bender - slang for a male homosexual.

Empress DJ


Author Bio  

My name is Bernice Bloom and I write funny novels about a crazy lady called Mary Brown in my 'Adorable Fat Girl' series.

Mary is funny, gorgeous and bonkers. She's also about six stone overweight. When she realizes she can't cross her legs and has trouble bending over to tie her shoelaces without wheezing like an elderly chain-smoker it's time to take action. But what action? She's tried every diet under the sun.

This series is the hysterical story of what happens when Mary joins 'Fat Club' where she meets a cast of funny characters and one particular man who catches her eye.
The series follows Mary as she goes on safari, on a cruise, to a weekend yoga retreat, and on an incredible adventure when she receives a mysterious invitation to a funeral.

The stories are laugh-out-loud funny and will resonate with anyone who has dieted, tried to keep up with any sort of exercise programme or spent 10 minutes in a changing room trying to extricate herself from a way-too-small garment that she ambitiously tried on and is now completely stuck in. xx

My website is: www.bernicebloom.com

Social Media Links –

https://www.facebook.com/BerniceBloombooks/



https://twitter.com/Bernice1Bloom


No comments:

Post a Comment