Sunday, April 15, 2018

Book Review: Conflicted by Maria Macdonald




Conflicted
The Deliverance Series #2


Maria Macdonald


Genre: New Adult M/M
Cover Design: Pink Elephant Designs
Release Date: April 17th, 2018



 
BLURB


They say, ‘Be true to yourself and follow your heart.’

But what if the two things aren’t mutually exclusive?

If only one half is being honest, can you ever really be complete?

For years I was my own oppressor until I found my absolute.

He was the addiction I didn’t want to fight, one that nearly broke me.

But I knew, when it came to Casper, I was never going to be a survivor.

I enjoyed drowning too damn much.





My Rating:






Favorite Quotes:



You know you can’t go back, right? … To before. To only a moment ago, when you were really in denial when you believed you could change who you truly are. Now your consciousness has recognized your soul. You can’t backtrack, can’t lock up the truth. All you have now is the lie… it’s your choice whether you live in it or not.


I believe there’s one person out there. One person who will fill every hole inside your soul. That person will stand by your side through the rough times and stand in front of you in the toughest. The person who’s always on your mind. Not just first thing in the morning and last thing at night, but also throughout your dreams… I don’t know what I’d do without her. It would be like living without my sight. I feel like maybe not everyone has one person, but I’ve always felt something inside of me. Almost a silent voice, telling me that when I meet her, I’d know, and when I love it will be forever. Never will there be anyone else for me. Not ever.


I’m sorry. This is hard for me, but I’m getting there slowly.” He shakes his head and looks conflicted. “That’s not an excuse… it’s—… I’m reaching for you… I am. Will you wait for me to settle my soul?

 


My Review:



Conflicted was a quick and captivating novella, written from the first person POV of Caden, a college student who recently came out about his sexuality to his dysfunctional family/currently divorcing parents, twin brother, friends, and teammates.  I adored the gentle and witty Caden and his selfless and protective twin brother Tarrant.  Early adulthood and college years are a stressful and trying time of life for the vast majority of creatures, but add in harassment and sexual identify issues and - yikes!  Major struggles, yet Caden was highly insightful, supportive of others, and patiently finding his footing amongst the turmoil.  The writing was emotive, angsty, and thoughtfully observant with licks of amusing humor and sweetness.  


Empress DJ


AUTHOR BIO

Maria is a full time working Mum, she has two beautiful daughters, both of whom love books as much as she does.

Maria has loved to write since she was a little girl.

Reading and loving books, as well as blogging, has inspired her to write and publish.

Maria, her husband and children now reside in Wiltshire, England.


AUTHOR LINKS

Website: http://www.mariamacdonaldauthor.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MMacdonaldBooks
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mariamacdonaldbooks
Goodreads: http://bit.ly/1zz3GgV
Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/q8l4ww3
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/mariamacdonald7/


No comments:

Post a Comment