Sunday, February 8, 2015

Book Review: The Commitment Test by Amanda Aksel



   

The Commitment Test
(The Marin Test Series: Book Two)
Release Date: February 4th, 2015
Publisher: Elephantine Publishing
Genre: Women’s Fiction

Add to Goodreads

Purchase on



Synopsis: 

 When a Valentine’s Day proposal doesn’t come with an engagement ring, Marin Johns begins to wonder if she and James will ever get married. As her closest friends begin to move forward with their lives, she refuses to be left behind.   Hope is restored as she devises a plan to get James down on one knee by becoming the ideal mate. Everything seems to fall into place until her college boyfriend resurfaces after a decade with his own ideas about their future. Will Marin be forced to choose between the man of her dreams and the diamond ring she’s always dreamed of?  

My Rating:




Favorite Quotes:

“Cooking was not my strong suit.  I mostly used my kitchen to house the coffee.”

“I couldn’t decide whether I wanted to cry more or smile more.  So I did both.”

“I promise to love you with an open, honest heart because you belong with me, and I belong with you, and nothing will ever change that.”

“It was one of those horrific, but amazing moments when you want to look away but can’t.  How was her vagina ever gonna go back to normal size after that?  Wait?  How was my vagina ever gonna go back to normal size when I had a baby?”  

My Review:

I believe I would enjoy hanging with Amanda Aksel, I like and admire her clever wit and sneaky sense of humor.  She has a skill for making fun of her characters while also being insightful and partly serious.  I relished reading The Commitment Test even more than her first novel of The Man Test, although both are smart, well written, and highly entertaining.  I found the characters to be smart, endearing, likable, and interesting, and I wanted the fairy tale to come true for them all, although I had a few anxious moments fearing it wouldn’t.  Ms. Aksel kept me occupied and amused all day, as I could not seem to put my kindle down, even when I should have.

Empress DJ


Amanda Aksel Bio

 

 Amanda Aksel is an author with an affinity for love. Becoming a couples therapist was her “backup” career, and after completing her BA in Psychology she was on her way to solving love’s most complicated quandaries one couple at a time. Now she plans to solve love’s most complicated quandaries one novel at a time. 
  
Social media links




Twitter: @amandaaksel

 
(The Marin Test Series: Book One)

No comments:

Post a Comment