Sunday, November 30, 2014

Book Review: Bear Creek Road by L.C. Morgan

BearCreekRoadeBookjpg  

Book Title: Bear Creek Road
Author: L.C. Morgan
Genre: Romance/Erotica
Release Date: November 2014

~Synopsis~


  Sometimes losing yourself leads right to the place you were looking for … 

Secluded and quiet is exactly what Laney Walker is looking for when she decides to pack up and move across the country. It’s what she wants, what she thinks she needs—until she meets Joe Boone.

Contracted to replace the plumbing along the property, Joe is first to arrive and last to leave. And to Laney’s surprising disappointment, he never has much to say. 

But the more Joe comes around, the more she learns about him and soon finds the man is as flawed as the house he’s fixing. 

A fact that only seems to draw her closer to him.  


My Rating:




Favorite Quotes:


“Without another word, we settled back into our routine of him ignoring me and me wishing he wouldn’t.” 

“I could sense it brewing – the crazy.  I had it in me, I knew that much.  And I knew that if he wanted to, he could bring it out.  He held the power to work me up into a frenzy if he wanted to… if I let him.”

“Wasn’t that the human condition?  Always wanting what we couldn’t have, never thinking what we did have was good enough?”

“I knew I had the makings of a horrible person, that I was too proud and compulsively angry, that I’d become blatantly selfish in the gaining of my own self-sufficiency.” 

“He was always saying sweet things, things I wasn’t expecting him to say, let alone to be thinking.”

“Pulling him closer, I encouraged him to tighten his grip – the only thing that was keeping me together, and ironically the very thing that forced me to finally fall apart.”  


My Review:


This beautiful and intensely personal book has wrecked me.  It turned me inside out and didn’t let go, even after I had finished reading.  I had to let it process and knew I needed to settle before I could write this review - and despite being busy with other things, it stayed in my head and heart all day.  Although none of the tragic events chronicled here have ever happened to me, I felt them as deeply as if I had, and I was rocked to my core.  Written in first person, the story is emotive, profoundly insightful, and deeply moving.  This is not literary prose… it is simply written, yet deeply perceptive.  In addition to being exceptionally talented, Ms. Morgan is a sneaky one, as she blindsided me several times.  I was blinking back tears and struggling to breathe while my heart was being squeezed in a vise-like grip.  Wrecked!  I am ruined!  And I totally loved it.  Excellent job.  More please.
 Empress DJ


~Buy Links~

Amazon * Amazon UK * B&N


goodreads-badge-add-plus-d700d4d3e3c0b346066731ac07b7fe47

bcrteaserpic2

.

~Meet the Author~

L. C. Morgan resides with her husband on the outskirts of a small town in the heart of it all. A lover of many things, she puts family first and Diet Coke second. When not working she can be found spoiling her new nephew with lots of love and kisses while awaiting her own little bundle of joy or at home, face shoved in her Kindle, fingers typing away to free the words from her head. She writes them for you and hopes you enjoy them as much as she enjoys yours.


Facebook * Twitter @LCMrgan * Website * Goodreads * YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment